Saturday, August 7, 2010

You never know what you got till it's gone.

Earlier this year my sister Katie decided that she wanted to send her summer in the Middle East with some friends. In the days and weeks leading up to her departure I honestly didn't feel like I would miss her that much. But as time went by I realized that I missed her a lot. In Toby Mac's song, Gone, there is a line that says," You never know what you got till it's gone." I'd heard that said many times but had never thought about it twice. Having Katie gone all summer really put that in perspective. I never thought of Katie as a really close friend, she was just my sister. But since she's been gone I discovered that she was and still is one of my best friends. She gets home in six days and I'm very excited. In Katie's blog (http://livelovelaugh77.blogspot.com/ ) she talks about all the new friends she is making and hanging out with, while I'm really happy for her it kinda makes me jealous, that other people get to see her and hang with her while sit here and miss her. I can't wait to spend the last days of summer with her.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get back and see you too! It's been so weird being away from you this summer. I'm so used to having you, and it's been weird having so many younger brothers and no older ones. I miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joseph, look back on this blog when she has been home a month or two, so you can remember how it felt to have her gone. Love you & keep blogging.
    Grandma Walker

    ReplyDelete