Monday, August 30, 2010

School and Quotes.

So, last Monday my sisters and I started school. I was not quite ready to start, but as we ease into the year I have found that it's not as bad as I thought. One of my assignments for the year is to start to keep a quotes journal. If you have any quotes that you wouldn't mind sharing that would be great. They don't have to about anything in particular. Life, love, sports, and things that make me laugh, those are some of the categories that I have, but I can add more. My email is, josephb123 at gmail dot com.

As for soccer, which started right before school: my team is looking a lot better. Not as good as we would like but there is a marked improvement among the players.

A couple of quotes that I think pertain to my team this year are:
Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.
Samuel Johnson.

And,

Hard work and togetherness. They go hand in hand. You need hard work because it's such a tough atmosphere..... to win week in and week out. You need togetherness because you don't always win.
Tony Dungy.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Joseph! One of my favorite quotes happens to be from a sports figure:

    “To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.” -- Steve Prefontaine

    Glad that your team is looking decent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quote that is humorous but true as well is

    "Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

    This quote would be from the brilliant Albert Einstein.

    ReplyDelete