Friday, July 30, 2010

Back again.

I just got back from Deerborn Michigan. I was in Deerborn with a youth group from 180. We spent the whole week in a highly muslim neighborhood. While we were there we visited a mosque. The Imam explained some of the thing they believe. As he explained these things to us, it struck me. All these relationships we are making with these people won't last forever. Unless we show them the love of Jesus. Everything the Imam said he said as though it were true fact, it broke my heart to think that my new friends may never see the real truth. That God send his only son so they could live with him forever.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Joseph, you have no idea how much it excites me to see how you're processing this experience. You're exactly right. "Drive-by missions" with Muslims won't work. We need to invest in real relationships that demonstrate the saving power and love of Jesus Christ. If you pray that God breaks your heart for what breaks His heart, I guarantee you will see the world (and Muslims) in a whole new light.
    I hope your experience has exposed you to the absolute necessity of the cross and GRACE! I know I came away from Dearborn with a new-born love for Jesus Christ as our Savior!

    ReplyDelete